Friday, November 15, 2013

This week, cold outside, warm inside

This week has been cold and hazy especially in the mornings. We had a little bit of snow.  What I actually think it is, is frozen air pollution dropping from the sky! It snows enough, just maybe an inch of powder, that they do not shovel sidewalks, they just sweep it or do nothing.  It is very icy however, since a lot of the sidewalks are made out of polished granite.  Kind of scary.




They even sweep some of the snow off of the roads, but most of the time they just let the cars melt it by driving over it, or I should say because of the traffic,  the cars sit and idle which melts the snow.

 It is however, plenty warm inside especially since we had a zone conference with 
Elder Funk from the Asia Area Presidency presiding. 
It is always good to be uplifted, renewed and refreshed spiritually 

The Theme for the conference was: 
3 Nephi 5:13  And behold,  I am called Mormon,  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

The doctrine of Christ is simple,  It is to Have Faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and as we develop faith in him we learn about his love for us, his atonement and we can repent, ( which we need to do constantly, at least I do), we are humble and teachable, we are baptized, we then receive the Holy Ghost and Endure the to the End.  I am grateful for my Savior, his love, his atonement, the gospel ordinances, the opportunity to repent and to be guided by the spirit as we are humble and obedient.

This week we also received a nativity set that we had ordered from Ganbold a member of the Church here.  We haven't actually met him, his son delivered the set.  We would like to get a picture of him because he is such a fine craftsman.

 Mary is dressed in the traditional robes of the highest queen
which is very appropriate.


We are still working trying to get a Vision contract signed, a wheelchair  and a water project going.  Most of the problems have been political in one way or another, but we keep taking baby steps forward which is helpful but demands a lot of patience from us.

Scripture of the Week 

D&C 112: 21 And again, I say unto you, that whosoever ye shall send in my name, by the voice of your brethren, the Twelve, duly recommended and authorized by you, shall have power to open the door of my kingdom unto any nation whithersoever ye shall send them—

 22 Inasmuch as they shall humble themselves before me, and abide in my word, and hearken to the voice of my Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment