Sunday, November 10, 2013

Locking our Door

 We had an interesting experience this last week.  We went to leave our apartment and we were locked in.  Our door is really quite secure.  It has all of these deadbolts.
 Four of the deadbolts are managed with our key and the last deadbolt is managed with a knob on the inside of the door.  That is what was broken.
The knob would turn but not engage with the dead bolt.
We had several thoughts run through our mind, as you could imagine.  But Elder Nay monkeyed with it enough so it would let us out.

 This picture shows the deadbolts that come out on top of the door when you lock.
The doors are really secure here.  You can lock people out but you can get locked in also

 We called the Landlord and we were well pleased with how fast he responded and came with a locksmith to rework the door.  We are grateful for locking doors.

 For the most part Mongolian people are very helpful and trustworthy, but I still like locking doors.
It is colder now and we came home the other night and found a bunch of drunks hanging out in our stairwell, smoking and trying to stay warm.  I just feel safer with a locking door.

We went shopping this last Saturday, the temperature was a balmy -2F

I was cold, apparently a lot of the Mongolians are use to it!

Scripture of the week:  Psalm 23:1  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment