Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween

Halloween is not really celebrated here like in the United States.  But the Mongolians know about it and know that it is a time to be scared and a time to party and have treats.  Here are some pictures of a Family Home Evening with the Young Adults in the Bayanzurkh Building. They had a great time, played fun games and danced.  They can really DANCE!






On October 30, the children of the employees here in the Service Center came and did the Trick or Treat thing.  They were so cute.





We also happened upon a "Parade" here in UB. They were celebrating the city of Ulaanbaatar's birthday. Parades are a little different here.  The parade just went around Chinggis Square.  Lots of people and Lots of back upped traffic. But it was fun to see.  They would get up to the front of the Parliament building.  Stop and do some kind of routine, then march off.  It was a lot of standing and waiting for those who were in the parade.











We had transfers in the Mission and here are the beautiful sister missionaries that are now in the Jargalant Branch; Sister Fifield and Sister Khandsuren. 
They are sweet, humble and obedient. 



Scripture for the Week: Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things

No comments:

Post a Comment