Thursday, August 29, 2013

What I am THANKFUL for.....

I think everyone should have an opportunity to live outside of the United States for awhile.  It opens you eyes and heart to the wonderful blessings that we take for granted everyday.  I am truly blessed with the living conditions we have here in Ulaanbaatar.  We live a block away from our office.  We can worship the way we want.  And we have very good living conditions.  Probably as good or better than 70% of the people.  There is a great majority who live in the gers with out running water and proper sanitation.  They do not have electric ovens but they might have a small fridge.  I am constantly humbled by their living conditions but also by their gratefulness for what they do have. So here a few pictures of some things that I have come to really appreciate.

Of Course I am Grateful for my Husband He is a great support and very patient with me!

 The Beautiful Sky. 

The flowers. They have planted them all over the city and they are beautiful!


Handrails.  The stairs are never even but a handrail helps! 

The Sunsets are magnificient!


Our Translator Muugii.  We literally could not function in Mongolia
without her.  She is in the one in between the two new Missionaries.

Missionaries
We have had 16 missionaries leave and 22 New missionaries come in!
They are all great and bring such a wonderful, energetic, faithful spirit with them.


Fresh fruit and vegetables!


A microwave and a toaster!
We only have one outlet that works in the kitchen. 
And the microwave, fridge and toaster are all plugged into it.  
That is why they are in the window sill stacked on each other.
They stove is plugged into a different outlet. 
 But it took me a while to learn that you can not cook something on the stove 
the same time you are baking.  
You can bake and you can use the stove top, just not at the same time.  
BUT I AM GRATEFUL I DO NOT HAVE TO USE A COAL FIRE
 OR A SMALL WOOD STOVE TO COOK!


 A refrigerator!

I am grateful for the computer and internet. 
 I can see my family every week through Skype!

Most mornings I can have a hot shower and
 I did not have to walk a mile and pull a 5 gallon container
 of water uphill, then heat it so I could shower!


I love my running FILTERED WATER in my Kitchen

 My cute little washer.  I can only wash 2 large bathtowels 
and a few other things at a time, but I do not have to wash in a sink or a bowl, 
like most people.  I do not have to go to a laundry mat.  I am so blessed!
Our cute clothes dryer.  It is amazingly handy!  
I like it so much I am considering buying one when we get back to the states.
 
 I don't think I need to explain this!  I am so grateful I have one in the apartment!




 Scripture of the week:  Doctrine and Covenents 59:7 Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in All things.



1 comment:

  1. Yes - We all need to remember that we are very blessed everyday.

    ReplyDelete