Friday, May 24, 2013

We received our "EIL" course completion certificates



Alvin and I completed our "English as an International Language" class today.
We received our official certificates from our instructors 
Dr. Neil Anderson and Dr. Norman Evans.


Getting this training and certificate is very important because it will enable us to get a visa to get into Mongolia. 
We had a great experience teaching English to the missionaries at the MTC.  They were focused, motivated, humble, sincere and very hard working.  They wanted to do their best so that they could be instruments in the Lord's hands.  One humble Elder from Brazil was trying so hard to say the word "Baptized".  He just could not do it.  He took out his Portuguese to English dictionary and pointed to a word saying that this is what is tongue was.  My tongue is being "CONTRARY!".  
After working with these Elders, I believe in the gift of tongues.  The Elders were working hard and doing their best and it was amazing how the Lord was blessing them with amazing English abilities


Teaching a practice grammar lesson in front of our Class

I hated grammar in school.  It is always interesting the paths that the Lord takes us on.  Maybe there is something that both Alvin and I need to learn.  I know for myself that this is a very humbling experience.


1 comment: